Monday, July 26, 2010

things to come

Long time no type...I've been VERY busy on a number of different projects. Mainly getting our house in shape to sell. I am not looking forward to the prospect of moving as I LOVE my home and we will be renting for close to a year once our house sells. Sigh.

In the meantime, Jodi and I have been sewing napkins for her October wedding and preparing for another table setting shoot. You may remember the one below from a couple months back. We will expand on these ideas and also leave a little to the imagination as we don't want to give away all the details just yet! (www.jodimillerphotography.com)


I have also been working with a Victorian theme in some of my own artwork. I will be doing a series of prints and posters with Victorian/Folk/Nature flair. I am having fun breaking out my watercolors and pencils again. We'll see how that project turns out!

Another project I have been working on is our California vacation itinerary. We will be flying into LA, meeting up with some spectacular friends and then spending a few days in San Francisco and then a few days in San Diego, back to LA and then back home. I have been more interested in cameras after getting a mini lesson from Jodi Miller and am planning an excursion to the Camera Obscura in San Fran!

Below is an ancient map of North Carolina. The other day I had a brilliant idea to make a book of treasure maps for my little daughter. It will be a few years before she can enjoy this, but at this rate it may take me a few years to compile and plan. I have come up with a book with different clues and different locations(that we frequent as a family), to make easily adaptable maps. The maps will lead to treasures that I hide depending on when and where the map may lead. Its a lot of work but I would have died and gone to heaven if I had something like this when I was growing up!
My new found love of film has brought me back to some originals. This is a daguerreotype from Mr. Daguerre himself. This has inspired so many ideas for my own artwork...I had to share, this one is a street in Paris...
Below is an old school circus poster. I believe from 1916...my posters will be splattered with this as inspiration...more coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment