Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where I've been...

So, I realize I've been gone for over a month. I took some time off. I mean I'm still working on projects, lots of them, but I needed a break from sharing all the things I've been dealing with. I think I'm ready to share a little bit. First of all, I've been working on that cute little baby! This will be my second and I'm very excited! I'm due in September and I will be looking forward to taking a little creative break as soon as the baby comes.

Anyway, I had all kinds of things I was so excited to share, like getting featured in a magazine for the very first time! But I don't even want to share it because due to an unfortunate person I was not recognized for my work! I have to say I felt really betrayed and disappointed, I can't believe there are people who want to take advantage of a person like me! I did the work for free...I do lots of work for free. Maybe you don't know that, its true! I'm not all about being rich and famous, I genuinely just like working with other creative people and if I make a couple bucks at it great, if not, oh well, I've got something extra to stuff in my portfolio.

So when I am completely lied to and then subsequently ignored and written off I tend to feel a little disappointment. I haven't wanted to work on anything. But yesterday I decided I'm not going to let the negativity get me down. I have enjoyed everything I've worked on and I would like more opportunities to get better at what I am doing. If people want to live their lives taking and never giving that's on them. I don't live that way.

So what is ahead for me? I am finishing up a dress, hair piece and bouquet for a little shoot on Tuesday! I can't wait to finish, I've been dragging my feet. I hope to be able to share it soon! I also have 3 upcoming weddings, one in 2 weeks, one in May and then one in June. In August I have a workshop to style and then a baby in September! In between all that I am gonna get my etsy store up and running and work on my house and some other little projects. I can't wait to share all that with you and not all the drama! More to come...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment