Thursday, April 15, 2010

new project


First of all I apologize for the picture quality. This is the desk I found up near my husband's new townhouse. I had his friend snag it for me. Its sort of hideous right now. I like the yellow, but not that particular hue. The gold lines around it are gross and brownish and it generally needs to be scrubbed. Initially, since I had only seen this thing from a distance I thought I would have to replace the hardware, but it turns out the hardware is really spectacular. I will go out today and look at some paint choices. I kind of want to be bold but I don't want that to limit my placement of this thing.

I love that it fits in the alcove in my bedroom, I love to write before I go to sleep, but I may end up putting this in another room if we *move.* That's right, we might be moving to be closer to Chris' job, so we can save about 1000 bucks a month on his rent and to not be so far apart during the week. Not too thrilled about moving since the closer we get to his new job the more expensive real estate gets. I love how much house we got for so little. Well, no more updates to the walls for me for a while, only on accessories. I'll post more on this desk later!

No comments:

Post a Comment