Friday, February 26, 2010

a busy week

I made an attempt to blog yesterday and I had some technical difficulties. Wednesday we went up to Northern Virginia and I was hoping to do my annual Ikea shopping. That did not happen, maybe we will get there in the next few weeks. At least I'll have time to take more measurements!

I finally got my egg vase from West Elm, I love it, but it was not at all what I expected. Its really big! I got the crackled pale blue one and I will post a pic probably this weekend. Below are some items I have seen around. The vases are Urban Outfitters and boy do they make me want it to be spring already!

...these both look like a pain in the butt to clean though...

This is from www.howaboutorange.com's blog. These pom poms are similar to the tissue paper flowers I made for my wedding decorations. I was thinking about garlands for Keira's first birthday party coming up in April. I will tuck this away as inspiration.


Below is a photo from www.southernliving.com. I actually have the issue that ran this article. Its about slipcovering. The fabric isn't exactly my taste, the drape is a bit "shabby chic" for me as well, but I love the execution! I think I may attempt something similar for our bedroom. In the meantime I should assemble an inspiration board.



I am so swamped that I really need to just start knocking off little projects at a time. I finally washed the fabric for my kitchen curtains. I am still undecided about the style, so I think I might just make up my own style. Maybe I'll start those tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment