Monday, February 22, 2010

tea sandwiches

Egg salad sandwiches were a source of anxiety to my siblings and I when we were young. My sweet mother would pack them for our lunches that we would take to school. After a few hours sitting in a warm locker they turned into what we called "stinky sandwiches." To this day we still call them that. There was nothing worse than a smelly, warm pile of mushy sandwich to greet you and your friends at lunchtime! Ugh...

That being said, I hope that you can trust my judgement in posting on egg salad sandwiches. I wanted something yummy and filling for lunch and thought I'd get creative. To make a perfect egg salad follow these simple instructions:

*leave eggs out til they reach room temperature
*cover them with salted water and bring to a boil.
*time the eggs ten minutes after it reaches a boil
* drain hot water and rinse with cold, fill pot with cold water and ice for a few minutes
*the shells will come right off if you follow these steps


Egg salad primarily consists of mayo, eggs and salt and pepper. Below from the top and clockwise are some other options, use any or all: Parmesan cheese, curry powder, dijon mustard(or spicy brown), black pepper, salt, paprika, the center blob is mayo.


I rarely measure, I season to taste, other great options are fresh parsley, dill, and cayenne pepper. I also like tomato and sometimes some slices of bacon on mine! My sandwich shown was made with honey wheat bread, which is fantastic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment