Wednesday, March 3, 2010

thrift store finds

I went to the thrift store on Saturday and found quite an assortment of items I have been looking for. I haven't found quite this much in a long time, but here it is. I am compiling an enormous load of dishes for my brother's wedding. They are going for an eclectic, antiquey look for their reception decorations. They are getting married on a beautiful farm in October, so I have more time to find dishes, but I have a hefty pile going already. These dishes only cost 25-50 cents a piece! Its cheaper than renting, and way prettier.

This is a cheese platter thingy I found for $3.50. I think I'll make a terrarium out of it in the meantime!

I have a few helpful hints for thrift store shopping:
*know what you are looking for
*don't buy it unless you are in love with it or have a genuine need for it
*most things can be cleaned and polished or painted
*set a budget, 10 bucks max
*make sure nothing is cracked, broken or stained

If you find that you don't use the item, put it out for a yard sale, that way you can get your money back! Yes I am cheap!
*

No comments:

Post a Comment