Monday, November 29, 2010

the good, the bad, the ugly

Here are some photos of the new house. This is like a sneak peek more than anything. I have so much work to do that I am afraid to show all the problems with this house until I make some improvements. I do love a fixer-upper...but this one needs lots of fixin'!

I got some of my curtains up and installed my urban outfitters tie-backs...I love them!

The living room above is now a grayish beige, much more calming than the fluorescent red when we moved in!

We installed a shelf that wouldn't hold, it busted right out of the wall! The plaster in this house has been awfully trying, to say the least!

Ok, take a closer look at those bricks...they are real bricks that had been painted over and then repainted to look like bricks....ahhhhhhhh....my worst nightmare! Not to mention the other atrocities going on in the picture(gas hose, rusting fake brick insert, gobs of yucky old cat hair, the porcelain plate with a country scene painted in the center). I am in the process of painting this over, can't wait to show you the new and improved "after" shot!

Oh yes, it gets worse, the linoleum is all over my kitchen and it is gross! I could wash it all day, and have(!), and it still is awful.
Some grimy creature scurried up the wall...many many times.




No words are needed when describing the bathroom:-(. I will say, however, it has tremendous potential! I will be on this project in a flash, but it will take me a while! Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment